The client is a leading US solution provider for the automotive service and repair industry.
Situation: The client was looking for a cost-effective and quality outsourcing partner in Asia to support testing of its software products. The outsourcing partner needed to have proven competencies in software testing and test automation.
- Challenge 1: Globally Distributed Team with time zones and cultural differences across several countries
- Challenge 2: Scrum Team Cooperation requiring test engineers to get fully involved in the Scrum Team
- Challenge 3: One test team was allocated to different Scrum teams
- An Offshore Test Center was set up in Vietnam with a dedicated VPN connecting to the client’s lab in North America.
- Data-driven test automation and manual testing support was provided for all testing phases.
- The main technologies required: test automation, testing techniques
- A qualified team that is good at agile working models and has a solid technical background and strong communication skills was developed.
- An effective data-driven test automation framework for the projects was defined and used.
- Technologies and tools: Test Complete, Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- The testing standards and framework proposed by the Vietnam team were adopted by the client and applied for all the multinational test teams of the client.
- The client was able to achieve significant cost reductions and access to a large pool of talent with the ability to scale up easily to meet business requirements.
- Quality and productivity exceeded the client’s expectation. With the success of the pilot phase, the client decided to expand the IMT test team to take on more responsibilities.