Housekeeping Solutions mobile app is the next generation handheld solution for hotels that use the Housekeeping management system. User can now use iPod Touch or iPhone to access Housekeeping management system to better manage room attendants and supervisors.
First, the client wanted us to help them develop an iOS application to replace their existing Windows CE application on PDA. We started to design and develop the iOS application based on the provided specs. And here are some functions of Housekeeping Mobile:
- View and manage room attendants and supervisor boards from hotel's floor.
- View and update the cleaning status of all rooms
- Conduct room inspections
- Report observations from the floors to rooms controllers.
- Support multiple languages.
Then, they requires us to support on the bug fixing and enhancement the existing production server under supervision of their CTO.
- We started to develop the iOS native app to connect and get the room information from server through Web service API. In this project, we had to implement the Apple Push Notification for client app to receive the message sent from server. The application could work in both online and offline mode. The mobile app would try to sync all the status from local to server and get the new or update task schedule from server when the device has internet connection.
- The challenge of this project was we need to complete and release the application within 2 months and we completed the application 2 weeks ahead with the good coordination between offshore team and customer technical architecture.
- With the new client application on iOS, client got more customer Asia, Australia and Europe.
- Working with client's CTO, we provided some features enhancement for server side to improve its performance.